GOLF FACTS & FEES
Discover Championship-Level Play at Our Lake Conroe Golf Course
The golf course is still open for play!
In light of the current events surrounding COVID-19, the Golf Club at Margaritaville Lake Resort would like to assure you we are following all recommendations provided by the government and global health organizations. Exercise along with good old-fashioned fresh air and sunshine are a great way to relieve stress, so if you’re up for a round, our golf course is up and running.
With this said, you can rest assured we are taking precautions for your protection. This includes:
- All golf carts are sterilized before and after use, including steering wheels, keys, handrails, roof handles, cup holder areas, seats, and bottles.
- While we have a limited number of golf carts, we are accommodating “one person per cart” to the best of our ability to help practice social distancing.
- To reduce multi-person touch points on the course, we have removed ball washers and trash cans from the golf course as well as bunker rakes. All bunkers will be played as ground under repair for the time being. Our team will rake bunkers every other day as needed.
- The flagsticks will remain in the cups, and the cups will be raised so that approximately 1” of the cup is above the turf for sanitary reasons. This will allow flagsticks to remain in the holes for targeting purposes. We’re asking that players please not handle or remove flagsticks or attempt to push cups into the turf.
- Any shot or putt that strikes the cup and comes to rest less than a putter length away will be considered holed, and if a shot or putt strikes the cup and is deflected more than a putter length, that ball will be played as it lies from where it came to rest.
- During the irregular course conditions and the accommodations being made regarding the hole and flagstick, rounds completed during the current time will not be eligible to post for handicap purposes.
In conjunction with Montgomery County guidelines, you will not have access to the driving range or actual clubhouse, but will have access to the golf club amenities via the concession window on the golf club patio and the course will remain open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday until further notice. Should you need assistance or merchandise (golf balls, gloves, etc.) the golf staff will be able to assist you. To reserve a tee time, please call us at 936-448-3022 or visit us online.
We appreciate your patience, assistance, and understanding as we work through these uncertain times. Our team is grateful to be operational and have the ability to create a safe playing environment and mini escape from world events. We are here to serve you and make your golf experience a memorable one.
The Golf Course at Margaritaville Lake Resort
With 18 playable holes and a spectacular setting on the shores of Lake Conroe, The Golf Club at Margaritaville Lake Resort offers one of the finest resort golf experiences in Montgomery County. Redesigned by Jeffrey D. Blume in 2007, our championship course features 6,956 yards of challenging play with lush Bermudagrass greens and fairways that meander through a stunning landscape of tall trees and tranquil water. A demanding front nine keeps you engaged with soft sand bunkers, challenging dog legs, unique water hazards, and tight fairways. The scenic back nine pays off with enjoyable risk-reward shots, forced carries and a memorable finishing hole.
New greens complexes feature a more consistent putting surface and truer roll, while a full practice range, putting green and PGA-certified instruction help you polish your game. Pack your clubs, hit the greens and test your skills at our Lake Conroe golf course.
Golf Pro Shop Hours
Tuesday - Sunday: 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Tuesday - Thursday
Morning / Open - 10 AM: $50
Mid-Day / 10 AM - 1 PM: $40
Twilight / 1 PM - Close: $35
Friday - Sunday, Holidays
Morning / Open - 10 AM: $55
Mid-Day / 10 AM - 1 PM: $45
Twilight / 1 PM - Close: $35
THE CLUBHOUSE & FINAL PUTT LOUNGE
After you play a round, relax and have a round and a snack at The Clubhouse at Margaritaville Lake Resort. Wood-beamed ceilings rise above the Final Putt Lounge and bright, rustic architecture with glass walls and skylights, make this a golfer's playhouse. The Clubhouse also features locker rooms with a lounge and showers, and an outdoor patio overlooking the lake and breathtaking 1st and 18th holes.
Don't forget to stop by the Pro Shop for apparel and accessories.
ABOUT THE COURSE
In April of 2007, Jeffrey D. Blume was commissioned to re-design the golf course making this one of the finest golf experiences in the Lake Conroe area. The course was softened with the addition of several risk reward holes as well. The original hole corridors were maintained playing near the banks of Lake Conroe, but the original front and back nines were reversed and new green complexes installed for a more consistent putting surface and truer roll. Today The Golf Club at Margaritaville Lake Resort represents the best public access course in the area with an enjoyable, very playable experience for members and the general public. The 18-hole championship course also has a full practice range and and putting green.
- Greens – Tifdwarf Bermudagrass
- Fairways – Tifway 419 Bermudagrass
- Tees –Tifway 419 Bermudagrass
- Rough – Tifway 419 with Pine Straw Beds
Golf Instruction & Lessons
Whether you’re interested in one-on-one instruction or prefer learning in groups, The Golf Club at Margaritaville Lake Resort's seasoned golf professionals can hone your training to meet your individual needs. We are committed to helping golfers improve their game, and in turn, make their rounds more enjoyable. Whether you are a veteran golfer or brand new to the game, we have a PGA Instructor that will fit your needs.
For questions regarding our instruction program, please call the Golf Pro Shop at 936-448-3022.